Service Centre Manager – Compressed Air – Chesham
Osprey Engineering Solutions has been approached by a very good client of ours within the compressed air industry who have an urgent requirement to take on a time-served service manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
As a Service Manager, you will manage the servicing of company and customer equipment in a timely and effective manner.
Our client is a Speciality Business that install Vacuum Pumps, Air Compressors, Desiccant Dryers to Medical Industry, often including the setup and management of projects in a contractor-like capacity. The services provided by this business include after hours response which requires frequent work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the repair and maintenance of company owned and customer equipment to include the organization of yard (Ready to Rent, Returned, Down)
- Prepares work schedules and handles service calls to meet customer needs and assure that equipment is available as required.
- Provides training and assistance to staff mechanics.
- Works with equipment vendors to learn the maintenance requirements and capabilities of new equipment added to inventory.
- Handles customer complaints regarding equipment condition or operation.
- Promote safety awareness
- Perform quality control checks
- Update, maintain and keep organized equipment service records using in house system
- Create, update, close and bill work orders
- File warranty claims in a timely fashion
- Commission New Equipment
- Reporting to include: – Equipment due for service – Fleet status Reporting – Equipment Service Record Reporting – Open work order report – Warranty claim summary report – Inventory management – Parts & merchandise detail reporting – Financial and historical trending – Service department financial summary – Shop foreman performance tool – Work order charge back – Halt report – Open PO report – Tech paid hours vs. worked hour report
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Valid driver’s license
- Extensive experience in the repair and maintenance of self-propelled platforms and lifts
- Knowledge of work planning and scheduling and other supervisory activities
- Strong understanding of equipment capabilities and safety requirements.
- Clear perspective of maintenance and repair issues in the industry
- Planning and management experience
- Computer literacy
- Reporting experience
- Inventory management experience
If you’re interested in the job description or feel that your skillset is transferable into this role. Please apply below! We aim to get back to successful candidates within 1-2 working days.
: Use of undefined constant user_email - assumed 'user_email' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/22/d176426789/htdocs/osprey-engineering/wp-content/themes/osprey/single-vacancy_board.php
on line 15