Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Bespoke manufacturing
Due to the continued growth of a very well-known and reputable bespoke manufacturer of mechanical equipment, Osprey have been contacted to source a talented senior mechanical design engineer who has a passion for new product development
- Develop products identified as priorities by the NPD team.
- High level of conceptual involvement including extensive use of Hand calculations and FEA as well as customer liaison.
- Manage, coach and develop a small team of Design Engineers.
- Generate initial costing and schedule information to create relevant AFE.
- Deliver technical design/development projects within required deadlines and cost targets.
- Component and assembly design from concept to production.
- Carry out assigned design tasks on time, to the required quality and within budget.
- Responsible for control of tasks, including spend and identifying need for budget/contract revisions.
- Management of prototype testing process, including creation of test procedures, test schedules, results and report writing.
- Generate handover procedures including BOMs, Part numbering structures, product manuals etc.
- Work with the Centre of Excellence team to ensure smooth handover of products into production.
Required Capabilities (describe scope of knowledge and ability of the position):
- Degree/HNC in mechanical engineering or suitable Engineering qualification with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience including leadership of engineering projects.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Leadership, interpersonal, planning/organizing, analytical and influencing talent required.
- Proficient in using ProEngineer computer aided design.
- Working knowledge of Autocad LT or Expert Cad preferred.
- Working knowledge of Structural Analysis using first principles and FEA packages (Pro-Mechanica / Ansys).
- Proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- To set an example and ensure that those under their management, or working in their area of responsibility are aware of, and comply with their roles & responsibilities.
- To ensure that safe systems of work are developed and maintained, to ensure that work equipment is fit for purpose and maintained.
To identify training needs and ensure all personnel are competent in the tasks required of them.
- To manage improvements in the Quality plan.
- To manage achievement of Quality objectives.
- To participate fully in Continuous Improvement (LEAD) activities where necessary & when required.
If you’re interested in being a valuable asset within a rapidly expanding bespoke manufacturing firm, and believe that your skillset is suitable, please apply below. Due to the high amount of CVs we receive, we may not be able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates.
If our consultants deem you a suitable candidate, we shall be in contact within 1-2 working days.
: Use of undefined constant user_email - assumed 'user_email' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/22/d176426789/htdocs/osprey-engineering/wp-content/themes/osprey/single-vacancy_board.php
on line 15