Estimator – Mechanical/Civil Engineering – Chesham
Estimator Job Duties
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analysing labour, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Monitor relevant tender web sites to identify work opportunities.
- Work Procurement
- Monitor relevant planning authority web sites to identify work opportunities
- Pursue opportunities to obtain tender documents
- Completion and submission of tenders and PQQs.
· Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry, knowledge of NHS or Healthcare a plus.
· Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
· Driving licence.
· Good IT skills – particularly Word and Excel.
· Excellent communication skills.
· AutoCAD / CRM / ERP experience .
·High degree of personal motivation
· Commercial acumen
· Ability to work as part of a close-knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously – both short and long term.
· Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
· Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with Clients and their design team
· Good negotiator
· Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
· Enterprising and Commercial Approach
· A Planned Approach
· Taking Responsibility
· Customer Focus
· Building and Maintaining Relationships
: Use of undefined constant user_email - assumed 'user_email' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/22/d176426789/htdocs/osprey-engineering/wp-content/themes/osprey/single-vacancy_board.php
on line 15